POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this a bug in 3.7RC3 ? Or am I missing something? : Re: Is this a bug in 3.7RC3 ? Or am I missing something? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this a bug in 3.7RC3 ? Or am I missing something?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 20 May 2011 03:15:01
Message: <web.4dd613da955938cce619b42c0@news.povray.org>
"SGeier" <som### [at] somewherecom> wrote:
> Here's what section 3.4.4 of the documentation shipping with the windows
> verion *actually* says:
> isosurface {
>   function { FUNCTION_ITEMS }
>   [contained_by { SPHERE | BOX }]
>   [threshold FLOAT_VALUE]
>   [accuracy FLOAT_VALUE]
>   [max_gradient FLOAT_VALUE]
>   [evaluate P0, P1, P2]
>   [open]
>   [max_trace INTEGER] | [all_intersections]
>   [OBJECT_MODIFIERS...]
>   }
> This tells me that a number of items can occur inside the isosurface{}
> entity. For example [threshold ...] or [contained_by ...] and a whole class
> of [object modifiers]. Nowhere in the docs is any mention that their order
> matters in any way and as a matter of fact some of the examples in the
> tutorial have them in an order different from the above.

Actually, you misread the grammar: As there is no "|" between the
isosurface-specific modifiers and the "[OBJECT_MODIFIERS...]", the grammar
clearly states that putting "all_intersections" after "[OBJECT_MODIFIERS...]" is
not possible.

BTW, that you find at http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/214/  ;-)

    Thorsten